After a long day soaking in the sun, nothing beats sinking your teeth into a mouthwatering burger from one of the area’s many delicious restaurants. From the classic stacked cheeseburger to plant-based patties for our herbivore friends, read on for our favorite spots to chow down around town!
1. Our first stop is along the iconic Flagler Avenue, where you’ll spot The Breakers’ bright pink building on the shore. The chefs here serve up one of the Best Burgers in Central Florida (according to Orlando MyWay), and we’re convinced Jimmy Buffett based his famed ode to America’s favorite sandwich on the ones from The Breakers. This beachy dive dresses up the classic burger with fun variations like the Hawaiian burger, salsa burger and a popular veggie burger.
2. Burger fans and wine connoisseurs will find common ground at Corkscrew Bar & Grille, located at the heart of Canal Street in the Historic District. Channel both your inner sommelier and your inner Guy Fieri with a juicy burger and a glass of one of Corkscrew’s many unique vintages. A standout on the menu, the Corkscrew Burger tops a coffee and brown sugar rubbed patty with candied pork belly, grilled pineapple, smoked gouda and pickled red onion—totally Flavor Town approved!
3. At City Market Bistro, the chef-driven menu is tres chic, and the burgers are no exception! Come in at lunchtime for a chance to chow down on their elevated takes on an American classic, like the signature CM Burger or Mushroom Swiss Burger, perhaps with an order of Oysters on the Half Shell if you’re feeling fancy. Plant-based diners will be wowed by the house-made Falafel Burger with herb aioli and veggies; be sure not to pass up the hand-cut fries at this Canal Street café!
4. At nearby Hidden Treasure Tiki Bar and Grille, you’ll find a beautiful view of the river and might even catch a glimpse of their unofficial mascot, a local heron named Joey who is often found on the waterfront deck! Hidden Treasure’s name speaks for itself--this gem is favored for its live music on Saturdays, a pet friendly atmosphere and delicious burgers that hit the spot. At the beach, you just can’t pass up seafood—luckily, one of the most popular options is their unique Surf and Turf, a juicy angus burger paired with a crab cake and Jalapeño Bacon Ranch. A beach party on a bun
5. Down in Edgewater, Tailgatorz is a fun-loving sports bar and grill that serves up juicy handhelds and a calendar of weekly events like cornhole tournaments, live music, free pool, karaoke and bingo. Grab a glass of liquid courage and belt out your favorite beach tune before digging into the pineapple-topped Paradise Burger or turning up the heat with the Cajun Burger, complete with jalapenos, pepperjack, hot sauce and Cajun seasoning.
For more of our favorite burgers around the New Smyrna Beach Area, follow along the NSB Burger Trail and make sure to come hungry!